My best friend and neighbor loves tomato soup. She just returned from a trip were she told me she had the best bowl of it. She also was referring a friend to stop at this quaint little restaurant where they have the best tomato soup in Laguna. I just remember it as something I was forced to eat as a child. Slimy and sweet and tomatoey.

I had to find out what this was all about. In my determination to burn off the 5000 calorie a day diet I consumed during summer I have switched gears. I love a low calorie soup lunch where I can read e-mails and pay bills and sip my soup out of the box lunch. I love it. I usually have the black bean variety, but have gotten bored with that. So I ventured out.....and it was an ugly trip. Now I know soup in a box may not be the best way to taste test a new item, but I love the Black Bean in the box, so what the hell! I fired up the computer, poured the soup in a pot and waited, regretting my decision at the first whiff.
It tastes like the sauce that Spaghetio's sits in. Slimy, and sweet, and tomatoey. Just like I remember. Bleeck! Don't get me wrong. I love tomatoes, in sauce, salads, plain with salt, and tons of soups, just not tomato soup. I know there has to be an amazing tomato soup out there. I have heard of the tomato and basil variety, and tomato and roasted red pepper. I think maybe I just need to stay away from the Spaghettio variety. So if you have a great recipe, or your favorite spot to pick up a bowl let me know. We can pop out and grab one together. You might want to wait to order until I try it. You may end up with a free lunch.
XX, Julia
No comments:
Post a Comment