I love pork it may be one of my top three meats, along with a nice perfectly cooked steak and a garlic and rosemary smothered lamb chop. I am a carnivore. There is no doubt about it. I even like it medium rare and dripping....yum!
Pork is one of the most versatile meats out there. You can substitute pork for almost evey beef or chicken recipe in the book......tacos, meat sauce, burgers, you know all of those healthy American favorites.
Dijon and herb crusted pork medallions with a fresh raspberry and balsamic glaze, truffle mashed potatoes and a side of fresh spinach.
The response was " you know pork is not my favorite", COME ON!!!!
Every time I cook pork in my house my husband says "you know, pork is not my favorite".That is until recently. He loves it. Gobbles up every bite. It is like one of my five year old kids discovering something outside of their white only pallet that they finally tried and LOVE, like tacos.
My husband miraculous change of heart comes from being diagnosis with high cholesterol, (well moderately high any way). Come to find out pork is the other white meat......REALLY??? Who Knew??
He is on the pork train now. The only problem is that it comes with conditions No white carbs! That means no truffle mashed potatoes. So I have found an alternative, pureed cauliflower. That's right cauliflower. It has been passed around the park bench by the moms for years as an "I can get veggies into my kid without them knowing type of secret". Well now I get to try it for my biggest kid. The only problem with this recipe is that it is still high in fat. So I will replace the butter with Earth's Best 0 Chol. spread an a touch of low fat milk. Maybe I will even cook them in Chicken stock.
Brussel sprouts are also one of my favorites, and they are good for lowering cholesterol, so I am going to throw this one in here too. I will of course use olive oil and the Earth's best spread instead of butter.
So the menu for tonight is:
Grill Pork Chops with a Tuscan Herb and Garlic Rub
Cauliflower Puree
Shaved Brussels Spouts
Spinach Salad
Now that the husband is happy what am I going to do for the kids?

No comments:
Post a Comment